GENERAL CONTEST RULES
Radio Spokane (Mapleton Communications, LLC)
Rules and Regulations
Please read the following carefully:
- No purchase is necessary in order to participate in any general on air contest.
- Officers, employees, and employees-volunteers of Radio Spokane and its parent company, Mapleton Communications, LLC (Mapleton), as well as their immediate families, are not eligible to participate in any general contest.
- All winners must be at least 18 years of age, except when the specific contest caters to younger audiences as well.
- Participants may win only once during any 30 day period. Winners are not eligible to participate and win a prize until after 30 days from the date of their last win.
- To be eligible to win any prize given away by Radio Spokane (unless otherwise stated) winners must reside in the Spokane DMA as defined by the Nielsen Company. Which includes some but not all counties in Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. When collecting prize proof of residency must be shown to confirm the winners address. If you have relocated to an acceptable address, but have not changed your license, A utility bill or pay stub will be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
- Participants of the same household may win only once during any 30 day period. Winners of the same household are not eligible to participate and win a prize until after 30 days from the date of their last win.
- The decision of Radio Spokane and Mapleton in verifying and confirming winners will be final. Radio Spokane and Mapleton reserve the right to discontinue on-going promotions and contests as deemed necessary.
- Apple is not a sponsor of any and all the contests heard on Mapleton radio stations
- All Prizes are non-transferable. Radio Spokane and Mapleton reserved the right to substitute prizes if the prizes promised become unavailable during the duration of the promotion. The alternate prize may be of equal or greater value than originally prize. Non-cash prizes are not convertible to cash. Prizes that are time and date sensitive such as concert tickets and trips cannot be substitute if the winner is unable to use such prize.
- Taxes may be due for certain prizes awarded by Radio Spokane. Winners will be responsible to pay any taxes due. Radio Spokane will file IRS Form 1099-MISC reporting the winner of any prize valued at $600.00 or more, or the winner of prizes valued at a total of $600 or more during a calendar year. Thus, Radio Spokane may ask winners for their social security number or to complete an IRS Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.
- All prize winners must provide photo identification when claiming prizes in person.
- All phones call to our station contest lines are customarily recorded and may be broadcast on the air. In addition, certain winners may also be required to sign a release to authorize Radio Spokane and Mapleton’s radio network to use their name in future promotions and contests or to put their voices and comments on the air as a form of testimonial for promotional purposes only, without additional payment or consideration.
- Prizes that are unclaimed after 30 days, shall be forfeited. Checks awarded as cash prizes shall be voided and forfeited if not cashed within six months from the date of the check. Cash prizes can only be awarded if the necessary photo identification is presented.
- Due to coverage of Mapleton nationwide, a contest may be voided in locations where prohibited.
- Should there be any question regarding the rules or conduct of the Radio Spokane contests, please contact the Operation Manager at Radio Spokane.
- Radio Spokane and Mapleton are not responsible for any problems with phone service, internet delays or online streaming issues.
- All prizes won are used at the winner’s own risk and responsibility.
- Each winner shall hold Radio Spokane, Mapleton and their officers, employees and agents free from any liability or responsibility for winner’s use of the prizes.
- The winner will be responsible for the time spent, transportation, taxes, tips and other costs in connection with the receipt or use of the prize won, without any liability or responsibility by Radio Spokane, Mapleton, and their officers, directors, members, employees and agents.
- Where noted you may enter by mail for any on-air/online/text or other contests by sending your name, address, phone number and date of birth to:
c/o: “Contest Name”
1601 E 57th Ave
Spokane, WA 99223
Prizes may be picked up between 9:00am-3:00pm Monday through Friday at our office- 1601 E 57th Ave, Spokane, Wa 99223